India Covid-19 Updates: The country witnessed 3,303 virus-related deaths during the period, taking the total number of fatalities to 3.70 lakh.
India’s Covid chart continued to show improvement today, with the country recording 80,834 cases, a marginal drop from yesterday’s figure that was reported to be the lowest in 71 days. India, the second-worst hit country, now has 2.94 crore cases.
Here are the top 5 updates on coronavirus:
- India’s test positivity rate (positive cases identified for every 100 tests) continues to decline. For the fifth straight day it is below the 5 per cent-mark at 4.25 per cent.
- Active cases have decreased by 54,531 in the last 24 hours to take the tally to 10,26,159. Recoveries have been outnumbering the daily new cases for the 31st consecutive day now.The country witnessed 3,303 virus-related deaths during the period, taking the total number of fatalities to 3.70 lakh.
- Tamil Nadu contributed 15,108 cases to the country’s daily numbers. It was followed by neighbouring Kerala (13,832 cases) and Maharashtra (10,697 cases).
- The government at GST Council Meeting reduced the tax rates on major COVID-related essential items, including medicines, some hospital equipment and other items needed in the fight against COVID-19. Covid vaccines continue to be charged a GST of 5 per cent.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday sought G7’s support for a proposal led by India for a TRIPS waiver on Covid-related technologies. Speaking virtually at the first Outreach Session of the G7 Summit on Saturday, he expressed appreciation for its support during the second Covid wave in India, a government release said.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.